Monday, October 4

The Kitchen Remodel


Ok everyone this is the dreaded kitchen, while yes it is Huge and I'm so excited, its an eye sore to me. The cabinet boxes are all covered with this wood contact paper because I'm sure the boxes are cheap compressed wood or something the like. The cabinet doors are real oak but standing close you can tell the contact paper and doors don't match. The part above the microwave is a third color. Don't even get me started on the counters....YIKES
So we will be painting the cabinets black and distressing the corners to look similar to this.

All the appliances are either black or Titanium so those won't be a problem. My counters are going to be done using ArmorGranite
in the Travertine color. So here are my questions for you wonderful readers. Have you ever used ArmorGranite? It gets great reviews but I can't find anyone that  has pictures. Also since my counters are cheap laminate I was thinking of using some molding nailed/glued on to get the granite look vs paint on laminate. Anyone done this? We will also be updating the molding throughout the cabinets top and bottom. Oh and the Kitchen walls will be a vintage green that is light to medium shade.

The top of the cabinets will have cans decorated with old vintage labels which you can easily find on Ebay at a small cost. I will have some other vintage items up there too of course ie crate, glass milk jars, old beater...


2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage label idea! I'm in the process of formulating my plan for my kitchen remodeling in Northern Virginia...I really wanted to do a retro 1950s-style kitchen with modern accents, like an island with seating and a gas-range inlay. But after seeing all these beautiful kitchen photos, it's so hard for me to decide what to do! The kitchen is my favorite room in the house, so I'd better make it a good one! Thanks for the ideas! Can't wait to get started! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very thorough article. Thank you for sharing this information.
    Remodeling

    ReplyDelete